.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Kylie Minogue Kicks Off “Aphrodite” Tour Which She Says Is “Benchmarker” For Gaga…





Kylie Minogue kicked off her ground-breaking Aphrodite: Les Folies Tour in Denmark a couple of days ago which she proclaims will set the bar for newcomer Lady Gaga. This is what the “All The Lovers” singer told The Daily Mirror…

“I set the benchmark for Gaga. We’ve done it before, with all our creative shows, and now the new artists are following us.”

“She inspires me and I love what she does. But we’ve done it before. I had the Aphrodite theme and no one has done that before. Think outside the box is what I do, and that’s what keeps it fresh for me. I set the benchmark and now I can’t wait to see what the new talent will do next.”

As lofty a claim she’s making with this statement, I’m going to have to agree with her 100% after seeing the footage from the show. (posted below) Besides, it’s no secret that Gaga is merely an exaggerated hybrid of many female pop artists that have come before her… I have always said that Gaga took a lot (especially visually) from Kylie.

Check out the footage… Miss Minogue has really outdone herself this time around, transforming herself from a pop princess into a pop goddess with this Greek mythology themed stage spectacular. The 6 million pound stage comes equipped with ‘winged horses,’ a cast of 25 which includes troupes of acrobats and synchronized swimmers, as well as a fountain that spouts water 90 feet into the air! Check it out… Looks amazing!








mosuniverse.com